1. The competition is open to residents of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. To be eligible for the prize, participants must hold a full valid UK or ROI motorcycle licence (you shall provide copies of such licence to the Promoter or the relevant BMW Motorrad dealer upon request), have held the licence for a minimum of two years, had a minimum of two years riding experience, have had no major convictions/bans in the past 5 years, and be aged 21 or over on 01 June 2013. Furthermore, participants must have owned and/or been a registered keeper of a motorcycle within the past 5 years. Employees and their immediate families of BMW Group companies and its associated companies, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this competition are excluded from entry.
2. No purchase necessary. Only one entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. The competition is open from 00:00 GMT on Monday 11 February 2013, and closes at 23:59 GMT on Friday 31 May 2013. The test ride must be requested and completed by the competition close date.
4. Entry is gained by requesting a test ride on any 2013 model BMW Motorcycle through www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/request-information/test-ride.html or www.anewbreed.co.uk during the competition period detailed at clause 3 above, and subsequently completing the test ride before the competition close date. Republic of Ireland residents must request a test ride directly through their local BMW Motorrad Ireland dealer (please see www.bmw-motorrad.ie). Any entries submitted outside of this period will not be accepted.
5. BMW (UK) Limited cannot accept any responsibility for entries which are lost, delayed or damaged before reaching us.
6. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
7. There will be a total of three winners, all chosen by method of random prize draw. The three winners will all receive the following prizes:
i. The exclusive use of a brand new 2013 model BMW Motorcycle for a period of 3 calendar months. The three winners are able to choose from any model on the 2013 BMW range (except HP4 & HP4 Carbon). BMW reserves the right to refuse the request of a specific motorcycle if it is deemed that the winner has insufficient motorcycling experience (in line with insurance requirements), in which case an alternative model will be offered. If the winner(s) requests the loan of an S 1000 RR, BMW (UK) Limited must see proof that the participant has previously held ownership of and had sufficient riding experience on an equivalent performance motorcycle. The 3 month loan of the motorcycle will begin from the winners’ chosen dates during the month of June 2013. BMW (UK) Limited will provide fully comprehensive insurance (but does not include cover for goods and personal effects on the Vehicle), road tax, breakdown cover, servicing and maintenance of the motorcycle. It is the winner’s responsibility to cover the cost of fuel, and ensure that the motorcycle is stored securely at all times. In the event of any damage, destruction of, to or loss or theft of the motorcycle, the winner shall be responsible for informing BMW and ensuring compliance with BMW’s reasonable instructions concerning the safety and repair of the motorcycle and any resulting civil or criminal prosecution. An insurance excess of £250 will apply to the participant for any insurance claim made for damage in which he/she was at fault. The motorcycle will be delivered to the winner(s) local BMW Motorrad UK or Ireland dealership. The winner is then required to return the motorcycle to the local dealership upon completion of the 3 month loan period. The mileage permitted during the 3 month loan period is 6,000 miles. The winner(s) must arrange (via their local BMW Motorrad dealer) for the motorcycle’s 600 mile first service, in line with BMW Motorrad’s recommended service schedule. This cost will be covered by BMW Motorrad UK. The motorcycle shall remain the property of BMW.
ii. A solo place on the World of BMW ‘BMW Motorrad Days 2013’ tour taking place 03 - 10 July 2013. To read the tour Itinerary please visit www.worldofbmw.com. Where possible, BMW Motorrad will supply the winner with suitable luggage (i.e. panniers) for use on the tour. If the winner wishes to add a pillion rider on the tour, this can be done by paying an additional fee of £400. The prize includes all ferries, all hotels on a bed and breakfast basis, local hotel overnight parking fees, Travel Pack with maps and route notes. The prize does not include any other meals or drinks, fuel, tolls, personal travel insurance or other documentation necessary for personal travel. The motorcycle given to the winner(s) as part of the competition prize must be used for the BMW Motorrad Days 2013 tour.
10. Any motoring or traffic offences, congestion charges, other toll charges and resultant penalties and/or fines arising in relation to the motorcycle from the date that the motorcycle is provided to the winners until such time as the motorcycle is returned to the Promoter, are the winners sole responsibility.
11. The motorcycle can only be ridden by the winner and no other person. The motorcycle must not be used for any form of racing or for hire. The winner shall ensure that no accessories are fitted and no modifications are made to the motorcycle and that no names, emblems, logos, markings or other proprietary markings are applied, affixed, displayed or maintained on the motorcycle or any part thereof.
12. The winners will be selected by random prize draw within 7 days of the competition close date. The winners will be drawn at random under independent supervision from all entries received.
13. The draw will not be subject to any appeal and no correspondence concerning the drawing of the winners will be entered into. The prize is not transferable without our prior written agreement and no cash alternative is available.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 10 days of the closing date. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 10 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and draw a replacement winner(s).
15. The winners may be featured in promotional material and be required to take part in other PR activity without entitlement to any financial reward. Details of the winners’ home county will be available from the promoter by sending a SAE within 28 days of the draw date to the address below.
16. Entrants agree these rules by entering into the prize draw. These rules are governed by English law.
17. Normal terms and conditions of BMW Tours apply and the prize winners must sign a copy of the terms and conditions to participate. Individual dealer test ride terms and conditions also apply (please ask your chosen BMW Motorrad dealer for details).
18. Promoter: BMW (UK) Ltd, Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berks, RG12 8TA.