It Is important to Barrie Robson Motorcycles to help our customers retain their privacy when they use our products and services
To protect your privacy, Barrie Robson Motorcycles follows different principles in accordance with practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We won’t sell your name, address, telephone number, email address or any other information you share with us to any third party.
- We will only share your information with BMW (UK) Ltd where required due to the sale of a Motorcycle or Products or Services that require the transmission of your data to carry out the transaction in line with GDPR.
- Barrie Robson Motorcycles requires personal information relating to customers to manage its business in an efficient and effective manner; this data is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and updated GDPR Act 2018. Barrie Robson Motorcycles wishes to act and comply with the principles of this Act and will always be as transparent with the customer as possible in relation to the data we hold and the way in which we use it. We always ask that if you have any concern about the privacy of your data please contact us by phone or in writing and we will always make time to discuss any concerns you have.
Data: includes computerised data, manual data and any other form of accessible record that includes personal information held by the Company.
Personal data: is that which relates to a living individual who could be identified by the data.
Data Subject: A data subject is an individual that is the subject of any personal data.
PCI Data: Payment Card Industry Data Security.
It is the intention of Barrie Robson Motorcycles to adhere to the latest principles of the Data Protection Act.
Therefore, the data protection policy applies to all employees and to any other party that handles data for or on behalf of the Company whether taken over the phone, by email or directly by transfer from our website and from our showroom activity.
Any personal data collected will:
- Be used by Barrie Robson Motorcycles in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met and confirmed by the data subject.
- Be relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it was collected.
- Be accurate and where necessary be kept up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than necessary for the specified purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Act.
- Be stored safely to avoid unauthorised access, loss and/or damage.
- Not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area unless it ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights of the data subjects.
Barrie Robson Motorcycles will inform any data subjects:
- What information the Company holds about them.
- How to gain access to the data.
- How to keep data held up-to-date.
Process and Notice:
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you.
Generally, this information is requested when you sign up to mailing lists on our website, visit our Retail Centre, Take a Testride or Courtesy vehicle from our Retail Centre, enter a contest, order, email, or join us as a customer. We use your Personal Information for three primary purposes:
To carry out the sale of vehicles, goods or services specific to you as an individual
To contact you about warranty, recalls or service work on your vehicle
To keep you updated about Events, News and Offers relevant to your requirements.
At introduction and as a pre-cursor to the sale of vehicles, goods or services we may require all or some of the following information:
- Full Name
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Email address
- Driving Licence Details
In the event of requiring Finance as an intermediary we may also require:
- Bank Details for Direct Debit purposes
- Age for reference to finance restrictions and for AFRL registration
- Payment Deposits
- Employment History and name of employer
- Details of previous address
- Driving Licence details
What do we do with data?
- Store it on secure systems
- For use with vehicle details,
- For reminders for safety and security
- For warranty issues relating to the manufacturer vehicles.
- Where you have signed up to a company Mailing List we will contact you with regards to products, services and Ride outs etc only using the data provided
for that purpose. If we hold your data separately on our accounting system that data will not be used for this purpose.
- We pass the details on to finance providers to gain finance on behalf of the customer
- We take payments in order to both finalise invoices and to order vehicles as well as reserving vehicles and products.
- We have to provide finance houses with address and employment history – we do not keep a record of employment history on our own systems.
If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still use most of our website at www.barrierobsonmotorcycles but you may not be able to access areas that require registration or further information.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time at our retail centre. You can:
View and edit personal information you have already given us.
- Tell us whether you want us to send you marketing information, or whether you want third parties to send you their offers by postal mail.
- Sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products.
Barrie Robson Motorcycles takes strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access and also as standalone data stored in Locked Safes. Your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country where Barrie Robson Motorcycles or BMW Motorrad are located.
As mentioned above, every customer has a unique personal Account profile. Each profile is assigned a unique Account Number, which helps us ensure that you have a
secure profile in line with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Barrie Robson Motorcycles will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Barrie Robson Motorcycles or the site;
(b) protect and defend the rights or property of Barrie Robson Motorcycles, and,
(c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Barrie Robson Motorcycles, its Websites, or the public under the law in England and Wales and in line with GDPR.
Companies Linked with our Website
The following Companies are linked with our website and provide information as follows:
BMW (UK) Ltd – The Manufacturer of our Vehicles and Products Unlimited Group (unlimitedgroup.com) – Administration of Website
What is PCI?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of security standards designed to ensure that ALL companies that accept, process, store or
transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. You can find out more about PCI standards here.
By following these standards we trade as a healthy and trustworthy company.
All employees have a role to play in enforcing the policy and are required to deal with any observed or reported breaches.
Should employees feel apprehensive about their own safety regarding addressing any breach, they should seek senior management support.
Failure to comply with this policy may lead to a lack of clarity over job role, learning needs or expected standards of performance, resulting in reduced effectiveness or efficiency, underperformance and putting service delivery at risk.
Any member of staff refusing to observe the policy will be liable to disciplinary action in accordance with the Company’s Disciplinary Policy up to and including dismissal.
Implementation of the Policy
Overall responsibility for policy implementation and review rests with the Company senior management. However, all employees are required to adhere to and support the implementation of the policy. The Company will inform all existing employees about this policy and their role in the implementation of the policy. They will also give all new employees notice of the policy on induction to the Company.
This policy will be implemented through the development and maintenance of procedures for appraisals and one-to-one meetings, using template forms, and guidance given to both managers and employees on the process.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.